Become a member of our team!
The Interdisciplinary Centre of Labour Market and Family Dynamics (LABFAM) University of Warsaw is seeking to fill a position of an Research Assistant (full- /part-time, fixed-term, research employee) within the ERC Consolidator Grant “Globalization- and Technology-Driven Labour Market Change and Fertility” (PI: Anna Matysiak)
The ERC Consolidator Grant „Globalisation- and Technology-Driven Labour Market Change and Fertility” aims at investigating fertility consequences of the unprecedented changes which have been taking place in the labour markets over the last decades, such as the rising demand for skills, massive displacement of workers due to automation, spread of new, more flexible but also more fragmented work arrangements, increasing work demands and growing inequalities in labour market prospects between the low-and-medium and the highly skilled. The project started on 1.10.2020 and will last for 5 years. It is conducted at the Interdisciplinary Centre of Labour Market and Family Dynamics (LABFAM) (www.labfam.uw.edu.pl) University of Warsaw, which integrates researchers interested in investigating the interdependencies between labour force participation, family life, gender and well-being from an interdisciplinary cross-country perspective.
- Master degree in Economics, Sociology, Demography, Quantitative Methods / Applied Statistics or similar
- Interest in applying for a PhD programme or already enrolled in such a programme
- Willingness to prepare a PhD thesis on the effects of labour market changes caused by automation and digitalisation on fertility under the supervision of Anna Matysiak
- Excellent command of modern statistical and econometric methods, excellent analytical skills
- Experience in working with microdata (preferably longitudinal data)
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent English
The knowledge of Polish is not required.
The competition is open to persons who meet the requirements set in forth in the Act on Higher Education of July 20, 2018 (consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2021, item 478, consolidated text)
Description of the job:
The successful candidate will conduct a series of studies on the effects of labour market changes, driven by digitalisation and automation, on fertility under the supervision of the project PI. Among others, the candidate will:
- prepare measures of workers’ exposure to automation and digitalisation in the labour market
- prepare employment and fertility histories using microdata
- perform data modelling and analysis
- participate in preparing academic articles / PhD thesis on the basis of the above mentioned topics
- participate in various LABFAM research activities and events (e.g. organisation of seminars and conferences)
- Employment opportunities till 30.09.2025 subject to an evaluation after the first year. Both full-time and part-time employment is possible.
- Monthly remuneration (100% FTE) depending on qualifications: : 7 000 – 8 000 PLN gross + the 13th salary
- Work in the dynamic and interdisciplinary research environment which facilitates scientific exchange and support high quality research (www.labfam.uw.edu.pl)
- The position is available starting 1st October 2021 and should be filled as soon as possible.
List of required documents:
- CV including education and employment history, information on scholarships, participation in research projects or scientific publications (if available);
- A cover letter describing research interests of the candidate and motivating candidate’s interest in the position. The motivation letter should also explain how the candidate meets the requirements of the call (up to 3 pages)
- A recommendation letter
- A copy of the master thesis or another research paper written by the candidate, at best in English
- Signed “Information on personal data processing” and “Statement”
The documents should be prepared in English and submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission date27.08.2021 23:59
Candidates selected to the second recruitment stage may be invited for an interview.
Candidates will be notified about the results by phone or email.
For further information about the application procedure please contact:
email@example.com – substantive questions on the position
firstname.lastname@example.org – questions on administrative matters
 See: https://isap.sejm.gov.pl/isap.nsf/download.xsp/WDU20180001668/U/D20181668Lj.pdf (in general, the candidate: has to have appropriate qualifications, full legal capacity; enjoys full public rights; has not been convicted by a final judgment for an intentional or intentional crime, tax offense; has not been expulsed from university position with a ban on working at universities period from 6 months to 5 years; has not been deprived of the right to practice as an academic teacher on period of 10 years)